Saturday 11 May 2013

My Bedside Table...

A lot of people have posted about what's on their bedside table and I love reading about it!  I really enjoy moving furniture around and creating little areas in my bedroom and my favourite posts are about ideas for your home. So here's a peek at my bedside table and the things that I like to keep there. 






As you can see, it's quite minimal. The table is from Next and was in a set of three quite a while ago. I keep the other one on the opposite side of the bed with a photo frame and a couple of candles and store my books (I don't have that many, I really should read more) underneath. Both tables have the same Ikea lamp , which were ridiculously cheap but I love the look of them. The little green bird is from Wilkinson and the mirrored jewellery box was a present for my eighteenth birthday. 
Inside the Rob Ryan mug, I keep a couple of products that I sometimes use before I go to bed or when I get up in the morning. 


I used to have trouble sleeping so would try lots of different things to help me drift off to sleep. I don't suffer from this as much as I did when I was a child but like everyone I get the occasional night when there are too many things on my mind. One thing that I like using is this pillow mist from The Body Shop. I'm not sure that it actually helps but the idea of having it is quiet comforting and the smell is very relaxing. You just spray it onto your pillow or sheets before you go to sleep and movement throughout the night releases the natural fragrance. Pretty cool isn't it? 
I also like to keep a hand cream by my bed because I always like to have one handy wherever I am (pardon the pun). So I have a little Burt's Bees tube on stand by. Lastly, I keep an nspa Eye and Lip Treatment by my bed. I don't tend to use it at night time but like to use it in the mornings as part of my every day facial routine as it's quite cooling and refreshing and really does leave under my eyes and my lips feeling very nourished. 


I also find that a hot drink before bed helps me to sleep better. 


I hope that you enjoyed this post, I really enjoy writing home ones like this as well as reading them. Please let me know if you have done one similar so I can be nosey! 




Disclosure: The views expressed are based on my own experience.

13 comments:

  1. I have that same mug with the birds on! Love how simplistic your bedside table is :)

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Rob Ryan mugs are so cute aren't they? For some reason I always use nice mugs to store things in in stead of drinking from them haha x

      Delete
    2. Nice bedside table items :)
      I never knew The Body Shop sold a product like that. Have you ever tried lavender candles or the oils? I've heard it really works.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Stephanie :) The Body Shop have a few of those products, they're pretty good and smell lovely! I've tried lavender and vanilla body products before which were pretty good but never candles. Lavender candles would be really good, i'm definitely gonna try some of those! I've also tried the oil that you put on your pulse points, i'm guessing the fragrance gets released in the same way as the spray. x

      Delete
  2. I love how clean and organized your nightstand is. Great post!!

    check out my blog: janiecyxo.blogspot.ca

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You have a lovely blog, I really enjoyed your most recent post :) x

      Delete
  3. I have the little glass mug too, it's so great for flavoured tea right?! Lovely photos, I adore these posts!

    Harri
    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really is! I'm going to Ikea tomorrow so might pick up some more :) x

      Delete
  4. Aw this is a lovely post. My bedside table is chaos! I always feel calmer when things are tidy and clean, so maybe I need to sort it out... Love the idea of the pillow mist too - I've never heard of such a product xx

    scottishwendy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah right, I always feel calmer when things are tidy too :) xx

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful little set up. Is JoJo Moyes a good writer? I don't like to read anything to 'heavy' before bed but I get through books so quickly. Thank you for the tag by the way, I'm so grateful. I've done the award thing before but I loved your questions so I'm going to do them as a tag regardless. Sarah x

    http://skinperfecting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah she is a good writer! The book is pretty good at the moment and not too heavy, but my friend has read it the whole thing and said it gets pretty sad towards the end and not what you'd expect. If I finish it sometime soon i'll maybe do a review on it :) I have a couple of her books at home but haven't read them yet. Aww thank you :) I look forward to hearing the answers!! xx

      Delete
  6. Looks like a very zen bedside table :-)

    ReplyDelete