Tuesday 23 July 2013

Water With A Twist


You may have noticed that Blab underwent a teeny tiny makeover at the weekend...I hope you like it. The design of this page was incredibly simple before so I wanted to keep it like that and stick with the very...grey...theme (I do love a bit of grey). I know it's not very colourful but, I'm really pleased with how it turned out and I really like the fact that it's plain because then hopefully the photos stand out. I'd love to know what you guys think!

I don't dislike drinking water, I just don't drink enough of it! So, in the summer months I like to mix things up a bit and add different flavours to my water. The technique i'm going to show you is brilliant because it's incredibly easy to do and every ingredient added to the water is fresh.

You will need:

Carbonated Mineral Water (or still water if you prefer)
Half a lemon
Half a lime
Fresh mint

I basically just add the lemon, lime and mint to the water to give it that summery kick. I like to crush a wedge of lime at the bottom of the glass with a wooden spoon first to get all of the flavour out and then add the rest. 





I picked the mint from the garden but i'm sure you can get it in supermarkets. You can add as much of each ingredient as you want depending on how citrusy you want the drink to be.

It's as simple as that! This is such a refreshing dink for summer and just livens up your water a bit. I guess it's kind of like a non alcoholic mojito. I'm sure you could add different flavours too if you don't like mint or citrus fruits. 

Let me know if you give it a try or have any recipes for summer drinks!


16 comments:

  1. I think the makeover looks great! And mint in my water is my favorite favorite favorite thing!
    <3
    Kallie, But First Coffee Blog OR But First Coffee on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water tast good with lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea and looks super refreshing <3

    xoxo -B ♡ http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so refreshing and cool, I like to have lemon water but didn't even think of putting Mint in! Thanks for the tip xo

    I've followed you on Bloglovin honey xo

    Be Pulchritudinous. | UK Beauty and Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mint water seems great.
    I always see photo's on instagram.

    Velia | Cocoamourr

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely like the new lay-out :-) And that drink looks very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis looks so yummy - i never even thought about doing this kind of thing - definitely great for summer! I like your blog alot and have given you a follow! :)

    emilyspolkadotsocks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect for a hot, summer day! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so refreshing!! xx

    Rachael | beautypea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks amazing!

    xoxo
    http://theprevailingeffect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new design, very chic! And such a good idea, I always struggle to drink enough just because I end up forgetting... and water is not my favourite drink, I prefer fruit juice but can't drink it all day - this is the perfect solution! x

    Kat x Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah this looks so refreshing, I will definitely have to try this! LOVE your blog by the way(: x

    - Jayne
    Electra Violet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Actually have some mint in the garden, so no excuse not to try this out today! Thanks :) xx

    Hephzibah

    Good For Me-Good For You

    ReplyDelete
  14. this looks so nice and refreshing! will defs be giving it a try later. love your blog :)

    http://beccahearts.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete